Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Running the bridge...


The Conde B. McCullough Memorial Bridge is a cantilever bridge that spans the Coos Bay on U.S. Route 101 near North Bend, Oregon. The bridge is the official symbol of the City of North Bend, Oregon.

I've been wanting to run the bridge since I moved here. But its small sidewalk and constant renovation construction has kept me from actually doing it. From my front door to the opposite side of the bridge, it is exactly 3 miles. So the run is 6 miles round trip.
My running partner Heather and I made the run. We almost abandoned the idea as the fog was extremely dense and sort of defeated the purpose of running the bridge(Hmmm, no view) but we did it anyway. It was exciting just to finally do it and kind of eerie at the same time. The fog leaves a thin layer of moisture on your skin that made me feel like I was running with a humidifier near my face.


Halfway across the bridge is mile marker 234.
Just me goin' the distance:]:



Next time we're going to run it on a clear day.
The view is spectacular.

Thanks for taking the photos Heather

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP