Sunday, January 15, 2012

Have I mentioned...

We've been trying to buy a house.

It feels like we've been trying for a long time, but in actuality, it's only been since November. Doesn't that seem like a long time?

It's been an adventure. Lot's of ups and downs. It's like a home buying roller coaster, full of excitement & trepidation. One minute we're celebrating a success and the next minute we're feeling hopeless that we're not going to work things out.

In fact, things still aren't certain... yet.

I'm not sure I'll totally believe it till I feel that house key jingling in my own little hand.

To make a very long story short-
We're trying to buy our very first home.
It's a foreclosure.
Dealing with a Bank instead of a seller is kind of a headache waiting to happen
Some mortgage loan officers are crazy
Jumping through hoops and leaping hurdle after hurdle is wearing us(especially Ryan) right on out!

BUT, just being able to write the words 'I' and 'homeowner' in the same sentence is worth it. Even if the sentance reads-- I 'might' be a homeowner-- for now:) The potential is so exciting! I can't help but make plans, browse color swatches and dream of floor plans!

So, keep your fingers crossed!
If it happens, I'll share my adventures, one room at a time! YEA!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP