Monday, January 23, 2012

Potraiture

I started drawing portraits when I was in high school. It started with a desire to give a gift to a friend, but having no money at the time, I had to get creative. I didn't realize how much I would enjoy drawing people.

I've since grown in style and with practice--talent, but my favorite part is seeing the receivers face when I give them the portrait. Maybe it's because most of my portraits have been children, and mothers are extremely fond of their babies faces.

I can only draw from a picture. One with good detail and high contrast. I'm not very good at making up visual information.

Here are a few examples of my work. I only have a few with an example of the photo I used as a reference, so I've chosen to share those over some of my better pieces. But I feel like they give a better picture of my ability to portray with accuracy, since you can see what I started with.



These 2 have no reference photo, But I do have some experience drawing adults and groups of people too.


This last drawing is actually a picture of me with my siblings and a neighbor friend(I think) The 80's were so dang rad!
Can you tell which one is me?

I've been considering taking on new commissions. I've drawn children, adults, sentimental landscapes and buildings and even beloved pets. If anybody is interested, just send me an email and we'll chat.

2 comments:

Jeff and Lea said...

You are so talented!!! I had no idea you could draw so well :) these are great!!!!

CrumpyLady said...

I know! I know! The boy was Abraham...Grandma used to watch him occasionally.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP